Meet our Faculty
Silke Otto-Knapp, 52, Painter and Professor of Art
Silke Otto-Knapp, professor of painting and drawing at the UCLA School of the Arts and Architecture, died on Oct. 9 after being diagnosed with ovarian cancer two years ago. She was 52.> Read More
- >November 18, 2022—Department of Art Faculty Statement of Support for UC Graduate Student Workers
- > November 16, 2021—Department of Art Faculty Statement in support of UC-AFT Unfair Labor Practice strike
- > June 16, 2021—Department of Art Ladder Faculty Statement of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- > May 3, 2021—Department of Art Faculty Letter in Support of the Cops Off Campus Coalition Day of Refusal
- > March 18, 2021—UCLA Department of Art Faculty Statement in Response to Current Anti-Asian Racism and Violence
- > August 4, 2020—Art Department Faculty Letter to Chancellor Block and EVC Carter
- > All Department of Art statements
- > UC, UCLA, and UCLA Arts statements
Rigorous studio courses with world-renowned faculty enable students to develop their skills and find their voices in a wide range of mediums. Intensive making is augmented by courses in art history and critical theory, as well as liberal arts studies in other academic fields across the UCLA campus.
Housed in the newly-renovated UCLA Margo Leavin Graduate Art Studios in Culver City and led by a faculty of internationally-recognized artists, the Art M.F.A. program challenges students to work intensively within and across multiple areas of study to develop innovative and sustainable art practices.